Saturday, August 17, 2013

An Invitation






Dear Reader,
I would like to invite you to join me on a introductory journey through computers and technology.  I shall bring you along as I bravely forge ahead into the mostly charted waters of   
Introduction to Computers also known as CIS 110 from the illustrious Bladen Community College.
             You may be asking yourself "Who this daring individual that is willing to traverse such challenging terrain to bring knowledge and wisdom to the masses?" Well gentle reader, I shall share a little of myself with you to answer your burning question. My name is Erinn. I have a cat her name is Jinx.  I am from a magical place filled with wonder, and mystery known as California. I detest green beans and most cake. I love books and surprise road trips. I have many and varied talents. Qualifications for writing this blog include but are not limited to, taking CIS 110(This is home work for the class and thus required). Being employed by Apple to perform technical support for iOS devices ( :'-( I thought this was going to be an easy A. Boy was I fooled. ) and in a past life I was a network administrator. 
            I have a love hate relationship with technology as I think most people in this day and age do. My daily life is not only surrounded by technology but it is consumed by it. I am on a computer all day for work. When I get home, I use my iPad for homework. When I am on the boat or a passenger in the car I have my Kindle. My Galaxy S4 is my constant companion. Did I mention my significant other is a computer  programmer who is going back to school for computer engineering? Like I said it is love hate. I hate to love it but would never give it up. To be fair to the masses I don't think everyone's life is swallowed up quite like mine. Tell me if I am wrong . Are you to engulfed by the electronic age? When did it start for you? Do you have a guilty electronic pleasure?  I am not going lie I do....Candy Crush I am at level 184. How sad is that?  I also have a deep and abiding love for  Netflix.
            I know this is a somewhat abrupt end but work is calling. I hope you have found this weeks blog entertaining if not enlightening. Join me next week as we begin to explore the wonderful, terrifying and ever changing world of technology.           





No comments:

Post a Comment